For many years enliven’s Early Intervention and Integrated Care Alliance (EIIC) has run supported networking and information sharing opportunities for aged and community services funded by the Home and Community Care (HACC), Community Health and other state and commonwealth programs.
With the aged care reforms and the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) the Alliance has changed the way it operates and now has quarterly meetings to enable: networking and information sharing between agencies from a range of sectors; time limited working groups on specific issues promoting shared learning and joint problem solving; and the delivery of forums/training on areas of interest.
The following topics have been explored/suggested:
- Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) Allied Health and interface with MyAgedCare (MAC), Regional Assessment Services (RAS) and Aged care Assessment Service (ACAS) – practitioners supporting each other in joint problem solving and using MAC effectively
- NDIS roll out and HACC Program for Younger People (PYP)
- Wellness and reablement – exploration of what agencies are doing as part of the transition to CHSP
- Health Literacy
- Advanced Care Planning
- Elder Abuse
- New Commonwealth Aged Care Diversity Framework and Planning
- Interface with GP’s and Hospitals on discharge
There is also strong support for joint events/meetings with other neighbouring Primary Care Partnerships (PCP).
Service providers in the south east are encouraged to contact enliven to discuss working in partnership on funding opportunities to improve health and wellbeing outcomes for people in the south east.